Under direction of the Lab Information Management System (LIMS) manager, The Business Analyst will participate in LIMS definition, build, support and troubleshooting. Participates in the implementation processes and is responsible for the maintenance and administration of the LIMS for JMI Laboratories, including producing compliant computer systems validation documentation. Offers new and creative solutions to present and future business problems and issues as they relate to the LIMS.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads business workflow analysis and LIMS systems definition
- Participates in Lab Information Management System (LIMS) support and troubleshooting
- Elicits requirements from end users, business leaders, scientists and IT staff
- Writes SQL and/or Jasper, and Excel reports
- Performs SWOT and root cause analyses
- Prepares Visio workflow, business process and data flow diagrams
- Participates in data governance efforts
- Executes meeting facilitation and prepares PowerPoint presentations
- Works directly with both front line staff and decision-makers
- Uses analytical background to provide business solutions
- Supports LIMS operations to include, but not limited to, test code creation, rule creation, customized reports, modifications, user account management, barcode/printer management, LIMS dictionary creation and upkeep and systems administration tasks.
- Liaisons with the LIMS vendor for installation and customization services and ongoing system maintenance (through the JMI IT team). Communicates with the LIMS vendor on future upgrades, modifications, training opportunities and other business needs within the LIMS.
- Collaborates with IT to develop new functionality and expand existing functionality of the LIMS and other custom-developed supporting systems
- Collaborate with the software engineering team and QAU to support IQ/OQ/PQ, to facilitate validation activities; develop and/or execute test scripts as required
- Assists with the development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, user guides, and other relevant documentation
- Support ongoing LIMS proficiency and provide company-wide training in respect to any changes or upgrades
- Collaborates with IT to ensure adequate infrastructure support to LIMS
- Assist with change control impact assessments
- Participates in internal audit reviews of the system and system documentation
General supervision is received directly from the Laboratory Information Management System Manager and indirectly from the Chief Information and Scientific Officers.
No functional supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS or MS in a life science, engineering or equivalent work experience. Preferred: 3 years working within a GxP regulated setting (Laboratory, Quality, Manufacturing, IT).
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and/or Jasper reporting
- SWOT analysis
- Visio workflow and business process diagrams
- Meeting facilitation and PowerPoint presentations
- Requirements elicitation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with both front line staff and decision-makers
- Proven analytical background
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Comfort with both waterfall and agile/scrum project methodologies
- Trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity. Good self-direction and follow-through.
- Diplomacy skills. Ability to work with various personality types to determine end user needs.
- Project management and prioritization skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Lean background
- Root cause analysis and pareto diagrams
- Knowledge of DevOps and cloud technology
- Laboratory, microbiology or science background.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to HR@jmilabs.com
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.