Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and utilize repeatable and efficient methods for loading, extracting, combining, and producing required output based on microbiology testing data as required by scientific staff.
- Provide end user troubleshooting as required
- Follow best practices for software revision control, repeatable testing plans, and product release processes.
- Work with end users to refine requirements to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Continually explore, recommend, and implement best technologies to meet company software and data needs.
- Provide end user support as required in use of custom developed reports, analytics, and software including identification and resolution of defects.
Required skills and knowledge:
- Trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity. Good self-direction and follow-through.
- 3+ years of demonstrated knowledge and experience with software development, system administration, web site design, and database administration.
- Demonstrated proficiency using various data storage and analysis tools including SQL, SAS, and/or R.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related major.
- Diplomacy skills. Ability to work with various personality types to determine end user needs.
- Project management and prioritization skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume below or email to HR@jmilabs.com.
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.