BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
The data scientist is a member of the JMI scientific team that is intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner. This person will perform data analysis independently and in collaboration with other scientists using a combination of off-the-shelf and JMI proprietary software tools. The person fulfilling this role must have expert knowledge of data analysis tools and methods.
This person is also responsible for checking the data integrity of analysis results before delivering the data to scientists or after documents have been generated, making sure the information used is consistent throughout the document.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a key scientific understanding of the various microbiology/molecular data that are collected and reported for all project types
• Collaborate with other scientific staff to understand company data analysis needs and devise possible solutions, communicating results and ideas to key decision-makers
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive revenue
• Work with end users to understand data analysis requests and to deliver outputs that have been checked for data integrity
• Serve as an active member of the Document Review Group, which reviews all key client documents and provides authors with feedback on data integrity and scientific conclusions
• Participate in project kickoff meetings to understand data outputs and analyses that will be needed to meet the deliverables required per contract
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
• Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
• Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific analysis
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
• Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
• Manage projects and meet deadlines in a high intensity, fast-paced environment
• Work with software engineers to integrate commonly used analyses with JMI proprietary software tools
• Participate in IT data modeling for new or reengineered systems
This is a scientific role reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
This position does not have any direct reports
• Master or PhD Degree in biostatistics, public health, or related field
• 3+ years of practical experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming, and data analytics
• Biology background
• Background in data mining and statistical analysis
This is an on-site, full time position at our headquarters in North Liberty, Iowa.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to HR@jmilabs.com
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.