JMI Laboratories (www.jmilabs.com) is a worldwide leader in anti-infectives research, operating as a clinical reference microbiology laboratory supporting new drug development, including clinical trials. JMI Laboratories is uniquely positioned to provide key microbiology services to the pharmaceutical industry.
This position is for someone who enjoys splitting their time between sustaining and improving existing infrastructure and defining new development processes and environments. The successful candidate will work well across all levels of management, with strong skills in communicating complex technical decisions and alternatives to a non-technical but highly intelligent audience. As part of the IT team, this position will own the existing infrastructure. The successful candidate will also help define the processes of updating and extending our development platform, our production environment, and the implementation of software engineering disciplines in maintaining both environments. We are a small team of developers and thrive on everyone having a full view of what we’re doing and why.
The work we do is integral to the development of new antibacterial and antifungal drugs by our clients to improve the health of patients around the world. At the end of each day you will know that you are helping advance global public health.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deploying, administering and troubleshooting AWS environments, specifically VPC, EC2, Fargate, S3, IAM, Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudWatch
• Windows Server administration (including Active Directory and file sharing)
• Linux server administration (Ubuntu)
• Basic VMWare EXSi administration.
• Basic database administration (MS SQL Server and Postgres)
• Basic network administration (office router, firewalls, switches, wifi infrastructure); coordination with ISP
• System backup/disaster recovery implementation and management
• Lead IT support function (provide oversight of helpdesk personnel)
• Procure, deploy, and manage hardware and software licenses
• Maintain cybersecurity standards and ensure anti-malware suites are current and active
• Assist in the development of department policies and SOPs relating to infrastructure development, deployment and management
Additional duties (depending on experience, skillset, and interest):
• Architecture and development of cloud-based solutions (AWS Lambda, Alexa for Business, AWS Outposts, and others)
• Advanced scripting and development using Lambda, serverless, and similar technologies
• Business intelligence and analytics applications and reporting
• Test automation (Selenium, etc.)
• Build and deployment infrastructure
• Data warehouse development
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
• Minimum 2-3 years professional experience working with AWS
• Basic experience (1+ years) of systems and network administration
“Nice-to-have” Experience and Certifications
• 1-2 years of software development experience is beneficial
• AWS Certifications – including DevOps Engineering (Associate or Professional), Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional) are preferred
• Networking, Systems Administration (Linux or Windows), ITIL certifications are beneficial
• Security (Security+, CISM, CISSP) certifications are beneficial
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time