BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Responsible for ensuring facilities and equipment are functioning properly, enabling the optimal performance of all laboratory and business functions.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing (scheduling) mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security alarm and telephone systems to ensure optimal operating results
- Perform routine (monthly or periodic) preventive maintenance duties as required per SOPs
- Identify, research potential options and costs and recommend and implement approved changes to facilities, equipment, and processes to further the quality and efficiency of all laboratory work
- Consult with other Managers to define necessary maintenance schedules and repair needs for all equipment and ensure all maintenance is completed in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
- Manage schedule and vendors of any construction and remodeling projects
- Work with external property managers on landscaping or general property and parking maintenance issues
- Maintain and track equipment inventories, perform periodic audits and review lists with managers for disposal and replacement
- Manage office moves, including ordering and assembly of desk and office configurations
- Plan and manage facility central support services such as reception, security, cleaning/janitorial, catering, waste disposal and parking all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Responsible for general beautification aspects of the facilities, including cleanliness and basic upkeep including paint, wall and other structure repairs
- Work with quality assurance group and others to manage onsite and offsite documents and archiving process
- Prepare and track facility budget and generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
- Assure security of the facility, training employees for the use of the alarm systems and respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures
- Provide backup support for operations for special assignments, to include, but not limited to preparation of logistic shipping kits, general deliveries/pickups or acquisition of supplies from local vendors, hospitality driver for guest visits, etc.
This position reports directly to the COO but receives guidance from Managers as appropriate on each particular area of responsibility and project.
- Prior experience of 3 years or more in similar position or responsibilities
- Minimum education of high school diploma
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, building drawings, instructions, safety data sheets and other safety information required for proper performance of the work
- General knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Operating knowledge of manual and small power tools commonly used in carpentry, maintenance construction, grounds, and custodial maintenance trades
- Ability to read and comprehend preventive maintenance manuals for equipment and systems. A general knowledge of preventive maintenance practices for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems and components
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Trustworthy with high standards of personal integrity, good self-direction and follow-through
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills integrated with capability to multi-task across a broad range of internal support service lines
- Communicates professionally, clearly, concisely and consistently both verbally and in writing to internal and external parties
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to HR@jmilabs.com
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.