Senior Software Engineer
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Software design, development and quality assurance activities on software
• Works with a multi-disciplinary team to design, develop, and prepares software products.
• Collaborate with QA, Regulatory and senior scientists to provide software expertise in the application development and validation of software.
• Responsible for developing internal software applications that improve data analysis and production processes including test, verification and validation using SDLC process.
• Development of web-based database driven software solutions for clinical laboratory applications.
• Working knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration for Web applications, architectures and deployment.
Project Management and Leadership
• Independently organize, lead and manage enterprise cross-functional projects, activities, ensuring completion of the project while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements.
• Hand-on planning and implementation of solutions.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university
• 4 – 6 years experience in a regulated software development facility preferred; or a combination of educational and applicable work experience.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
• Demonstrates outstanding communication skills. Successfully works with Scientist, management team, QA, customers, and external vendors to convert user/product requirements into software requirements and design specifications.
• Authors and completes software requirements, design specifications, coding, versioning, and unit test plans with emphasis on supportability, maintainability, and ease of use using SDLC and SOPs.
• Deep understanding of web applications, AWS, SaaS, web services, XML, JSON, Big Data etc.
• Obtains understanding of biological background for each diagnostic system.
• Highly organized, self-sufficient, open minded, and excellent in communication.
• Database management and project management experience preferred.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to HR@jmilabs.com.
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer.