This position reports directly to the Lead Software Engineer and is for someone who loves organizing, analyzing, and visualizing data. The successful candidate should be willing to interact directly with our end users, to learn the nuances of operating a high-volume microbiology lab and provide the best tools to our staff and clients. This position provides the opportunity to do both full stack web development as well as data migration and analysis. We are a small team of developers and thrive on everyone having a full view of what we’re doing and why.
The work we do is integral to the development of new antibacterial and antifungal drugs by our clients to improve the health of patients around the world. At the end of each day you will know that you are helping advance global public health.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Software design, development and quality assurance activities on software
• Works with a multi-disciplinary team to design, develop, and prepare software products.
• Collaborate with quality assurance, regulatory and scientists to provide software expertise in the application development and validation of software.
• Responsible for developing internal software applications that improve data analysis and production processes including test, verification and validation using software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
• Development of web-based database driven software solutions for clinical laboratory applications.
• Working knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration for Web applications, architectures and deployment.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• 1-3+ years experience with custom software development in a fullstack environment, including system administration, web site design, and database administration.
Preferable Skills and Attributes
• Deep understanding of web applications, cloud, SaaS, web services, REST, JSON, etc.
• Familiarity with React, Elixir and ColdFusion a plus.
• Demonstrates outstanding communication skills. Successfully works with scientists, management team, QA, customers, and external vendors to convert user/product requirements into software requirements and design specifications.
• Authors and completes software requirements, design specifications, coding, versioning, and unit test plans with emphasis on supportability, maintainability, and ease of use using SDLC and SOPs.
• Endeavors to obtain an understanding of biological background for each diagnostic system.
• Highly organized, self-sufficient, open minded, and excellent in communication.
• Ability to manage numerous projects and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Negotiation & diplomacy skills. Ability to work with a diverse team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong presentation skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.