- Coordinates all activities within the molecular laboratory
- Reviews test results for accuracy and completeness
- Assures that laboratory methods are performed according to SOPs
- Oversees the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision and evaluation of staff
- Represents the laboratory in the professional environment including presentation of scientific papers at professional meetings
- Assist IT Department in the development of systems used by molecular staff gathering requirements and functioning as a subject matter expert
Direction is received from the molecular director(s) of the laboratory.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over other Molecular Scientists I, II and III, Lead Molecular Scientist and Bioinformatics Scientists.
Requires a Master’s or PhD degree in a laboratory science field from an accredited college or university and at least 5 years laboratory experience. Previous laboratory supervision and administration is desirable.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume below or via email to HR@jmilabs.com
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.