The Molecular Manager will lead a team of scientists and bioinformaticians that are responsible for the genetic characterization of antimicrobial/antifungal resistance genes and other testing to characterize organisms collected yearly worldwide. Opportunities to generate and participate in journal peer-reviewed publications and attendance at important microbiology and infectious disease conferences in the field are provided.
This position plays an important role assuring the accuracy of the data, scientific rigor, cost efficiency and productivity of the Molecular Laboratory. Experience with next generation sequencing testing and data analysis is required and microbiome knowledge is desired. More details about the position are provided below.
- Coordinates all activities within the molecular laboratory
- Reviews test results for accuracy and completeness
- Assures that laboratory methods are performed according to SOPs
- Oversees the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision and evaluation of staff
- Represents the laboratory in the professional environment including presentation of scientific papers at professional meetings
- Assist IT Department in the development of systems used by molecular staff gathering requirements and functioning as a subject matter expert
Direction is received from the molecular director(s) of the laboratory.
Administrative and functional supervision is exercised over other Molecular Scientists I, II and III, Lead Molecular Scientist and Bioinformatics Scientists.
Requires a Master’s or PhD degree in a laboratory science field from an accredited college or university and at least 5 years laboratory experience. Previous laboratory supervision and administration is desirable.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume below or eamail to HR@jmilabs.com
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.