BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Manage and provide operational oversight of all laboratory and administrative service divisions within JMI Laboratories and will work to incorporate positive operational changes for all divisions including integration with the IT and Quality Assurance departments to increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of the entire organization.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will manage and provide general oversight for the operational laboratory departments (bacterial / fungal microbiology, media production and molecular) and administrative departments in manner that will reflect effectiveness and efficiencies of a well-run organization.
- Ensures that services are provided at the highest quality level, are compliant with appropriate regulations or guidance documents and per internal standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with other departments (i.e., IT, Quality Assurance) on integration issues with the testing service departments.
- Provides leadership to functional laboratory managers on testing and other operational issues.
- Direct and manage staff, define performance expectations, objectives and metric (both individually and at department level overall), manage performance and address performance issues, recommend and implement disciplinary action, etc.
- Create and maintain a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership and a strong team orientation.
- Work to integrate professional development plans for functional managers and assist them in similar plans for their direct reports.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability.
- Collaborates with CSO and other leadership team members to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives and changing needs of the organization.
Primary supervision is received from the Chief Scientific Officer.
Functional supervision is exercised over laboratory managers, and designated administrative staff.
Masters, MBA or Ph.D. degree with over 10 years or more experience in the field of Microbiology or Laboratory Testing Services. Experience in directing/managing a clinical / research laboratory and having experience in antimicrobial development is preferred.
Strategic and critical thinker, problem solver, detail oriented, decision maker and results driven, excellent communication skills and fosters positive relationships among staff. Demonstrates ability to multi-task and approaches competing priorities in a rational manner.
JMI Laboratories is based in North Liberty, IA and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes health, dental, vacation, 401(k) and profit sharing.
If you want to contribute directly to help the world combat infectious diseases, we encourage you to send your cover letter and resume to HR@jmilabs.com
JMI Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters or agencies please.